Friday, September 17, 2010

I had another consult with my nutritionist today, Karen Hurd.  I looked forward to this one very much this time.  I've been using food as my medicine now for 4 1/2 months and I've had some very impressive results.  The hot flashes and night sweats left me about 3 weeks ago,  my monthly friend has also returned after nearly a year without it, and I've got a whole lot more energy and stamina.  Not to mention that I've lost my muffin top.   I don't miss those terrible, terrible hot flashes in the least and as far as my monthly friend, well...I didn't really miss it, but since it's returned I can say that I've been feeling more like the person I was 10 years ago.  When Karen asked me how I am feeling my response was I haven't felt this great in I can't remember when.

Looking back, I recall having more sluggish days than good days for at least 5 years.  And I thought it to be normal because everyone else around me has been complaining of the same thing.  If you are one of them, I can sympathize, but I also want you to really look at yourself in the mirror. Do you really think that what you put in your mouth doesn't affect your health?  Do you really think that your doctor is going to be able to help you out of this slump or is he/she just going to give you some meds to mask your symptoms?  Did you expect to feel this awful at your age?

So maybe some of you don't really feel that awful and the caffeine and sugar you consume can still kick your butt into motion.  Lucky for you then!  I should be jealous.   I was beyond that, caffeine hasn't been able to kick my butt into motion for a very very long time, because my adrenal glands were wiped out. I truly was disappointed in myself and that my body had given out on me. 

So here's to the power of food.   If you read this and think I'm crazy, that's ok, I always thought I was too.  The crazier the better, at least I've got the sense to try something much simpler than what the doctors had to offer.  Check out http://www.karenhurd.com/ and see for yourself, you may be able to reduce the meds or avoid them completely.   Take the burden off the health care system!

No comments:

Post a Comment